1) Combined May and June tuition is due. All money must be paid in full by May 31, 2017, including tuition. If bills are not paid up in full, STUDENT WILL NOT DANCE. This will be enforced this year. Cash or credit cards only for all payments after May 20. NO CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
2) Tickets are going on sale Saturday, June 17, 2017, from 2:30-5pm. Seating is reserved. Tickets are $24.00. Anyone over the age of two needs a ticket. Tickets are cash or credit cards only. I will only take checks from currently registered families whose accounts are in good standing. Do not buy tickets for any student performing in the recital. They will not be allowed out of the dressing area. NO EXCEPTIONS- DO NOT ASK!!!
3) Picture Day, Saturday, June 10, 2017 at the studio. There will be regular class held on that day. Photos will begin at 3:00. There will be a schedule handed out with the costumes. You are not required to purchase any photos, but please come and take the class photos, so that we have a nice turnout. Those placing an ad in the recital souvenir journal please do not forget to take your picture at that time. All student teachers, helpers, and staff must take a head shot at that time.
4) Journal Ads: This is my 30th year in business! Don’t forget to get those journal ads in. It is not too late! Remember, they do not have to be from a business, they can also be from friends and family members. See me for more information. Forms are available in the studio, and on the website.
5) There will be T-shirts, flowers, and other items available this year, by pre-order, (forms are available in the studio), and only limited amounts of unordered items will be available for sale at the school, at a higher price for the recital.
6) REHEARSAL: The rehearsal for the RECITAL will be at the Hampton Bays High School on Tuesday, June 27, 2017, for all of the students, including all Tiny Tots classes. You need to read the rehearsal schedule very carefully. NO COSTUMES at the rehearsal unless otherwise stated. Students should wear dance clothes and bring appropriate shoes. The scheduling is tight. Please make every effort to be on time. The rehearsal schedule will be handed out June.
7) RECITAL: Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 7:00 pm show Check office door for the recital order. Older students should be dropped off at the stage door of the Hampton Bays High School 45 minutes, before the show is scheduled to start. All Tiny Tots should be brought backstage 15 minutes before, dressed in their costumes with their dance shoes on. THE SHOWS START ON TIME! There will be chaperones with the children at all times. NO PARENTS of performing children will be allowed backstage while the show is in progress unless other arrangements were made by me in advance. We need volunteers for the show. Please sign up at the desk.
MAKEUP: A little makeup on all the children would be nice. On older students, foundation is a must. Performing Groups: full makeup is mandatory.
SHOES: All flat tap shoes must have plain beige elastic. (NO tap ties or strings) All shoes cleaned and polished.
JEWELRY: NONE Except stud earrings. NO friendship, string, gold, neckaces, watches. Leave all I-Pods, cell phones, Game Boys, PS2, Calculators, etc. at home. We had items stolen from the dressing areas in previous years, and I will not be responsible for replacing these items. LEAVE THEM AT HOME!
COSTUMES: All pieces of your costumes are needed. LABEL EVERYTHING WITH YOUR NAME IN AN INCONSPICUOUS PLACE. This includes shoes, hats, gloves etc. Bring an extra pair of tights if you can. Girls: NO Panties .EVERYONE, if you have to leave the dressing area for any reason, you must wear a Tee shirt or jacket over your costumes. Bring a laundry basket to the show, after each routine; just toss your costumes into the basket!
8) LAST DAY OF CLASS: regular class is June 24. There will be a school party on Saturday June 24, 2017, from 11:00 to 3:00 pm. All students, friends, and parents are welcome. There will be a bouncy house and refreshments served. You can also register for summer classes at that time, if you have not done so by then. SCHEDULE CHANGE: FOR JUNE 25, 2017 ONLY.
1) All Tiny Tots together from 10:00 to 10:45.
2) Petites, Hip Hop 1 and Ballet 1-2 together from 10:45to 11:45. Party is ongoing from 11:00-3:00pm.
9) SUMMER SCHOOL: Summer program registration begins now until classes start, in July. Summer classes will begin July 17, 2017 and continue for 5 weeks. Any student interested in trying our competition classes must take class over the summer in order to be considered. We will be taking registration for all students interested in trying out for our competition groups and those who want to try something new or get a head start on next year. We are looking for students from ages 8 and up to try out for our competition groups. The two groups being considered are Tap/ Jazz team and a Ballet /Lyrical group. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.
10) We will be having an OPEN HOUSE and BRING YOUR FRIEND TO DANCE CLASS week, from June 5-10. If you know anyone, who always wanted to try dance but was not sure, this would be the perfect time to bring him or her in. Class is free! Please let all your friends and neighbors know.
11) Closed, Monday, May 29.2017 for Memorial Day.
12) Come and see us compete at St John the Baptist High School in Bay Shore, the weekend of May 19-21-. Please Speak to Renee, for exact times.
Don't forget to check out our Facebook page for all the latest postings and pictures!
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL THE STUDIO! 631-727-3998